• High Quality Thrust Bearings The thrust bearing is of the kingsbury type lubricated by the internal fluid. During operation a wedge of water is drawn between the stainless steel pivot shoes and carbon disc to carry the thrust load generated by the pump. The bearing construction is achieved long motor life because of our quality construction based on our experience and a field results.
• Sand Resistant Slinger and Lip Seals A stainless steel slinger and slinger guide are also closely fit to help prevent sand entry. Double rubber seals are installed to prevent well water and contaminants from entering the motor.
• Rotor Core with Baked Epoxy Coating A baked epoxy coating prevents rusting of the rotor core. All external and internal cast iron parts are coated with epoxy resin then baked for resistance to water and rust.
• Highly Reliable Carbon Bearing Two water lubricated carbon bearings are used as guide bearings. These have extremely large surface area and result in extra alignment support - less whipping and acts as a steady bushing.
• Balancing The rotor balance rings allow for excellent dynamic balance for the rotaring element of the motor. Water-Filled Design The motor lubrication is provided by the internal cooling water consisting of a water, antifreeze, and antirust mixture good to – 22˚F(– 30˚C). This mixture is installed at the factory. Water plugs are located near the top of the motor and are used by the installer to check the water level or to top off if needed before installation.
• Complete Corrosion and Water-Tight Protection All main motor components are made of stainless steel: including the can housing (water tight type motors have baked epoxy coated carbon steel housings), shaft and bolts. All other motor parts are coated with the baked epoxy coating.
• Japan Made All Hitachi submersible motors are manufactured and tested under the most stringent quality control procedures in Japan, providing long service life and trouble-free operation.
6HIT2-10-8 10 HP 200 VOLT 60 HZ 3 PHASE 6"